Last night, I wanted something sweet… but quick and easy since I was exhausted to the point of pain (in fact, I only got in two bites before I pushed it aside and opted for sleep). At first, a quick apple crisp sprung to mind, but I finally used up all the apples in my freezer… but, I remembered a can of pineapple in the cupboard and went to work. The results were good (I finished it up last night after my nap)–good enough to make it again tonight so I could measure out quantities and such that I ignored last night.
Easy Pineapple Crisp
1 can pineapple (in juice), chunks drained, juice reserved
1 cup Grape Nuts (or equivalent) cereal
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- In 8 inch glass baking pan, or individual ramekins, add a single layer of pineapple chunks. They should be tightly placed but not overlapping.
- In a small bowl, mix cereal, sugar, juice and cinnamon until well incorporated.
- Spoon cereal mixture over the pineapple to cover.
- Cover pan (or ramekins) with aluminum foil, bake for 20 minutes, removing foil for the last 5 minutes.
- After removing from oven, let stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy warm, or at room temperature.